3. Boost external traffic through social media
I don’t think much needs to be said about the power of social media. According to Datareportal, there were 4.33 billion social media users around the world at the start of 2021, which equates to more than 55 percent of the total global population.
So how do you make use of this opportunity to sell your products to a larger audience?
Easy. New analytics from Statista indicate that 43% of global shoppers research products online via social networks. By not utilizing the various social media platforms to market your brand and tell its story, then you could be missing out on a serious opportunity for sales on Amazon. Specifically, Instagram and Facebook allow you to post high-quality images and videos of your products to your followers, but also allow them to be easily shared with users’ friends and family. Additionally, you have the opportunity to run paid advertisements and promotions that can directly be linked to your e-commerce store nestled on Amazon.
Here are some supplemental tips to maximize your social media reach:
- Use your professionally taken product photography images for posts
- Better images will increase the likelihood of consumers visiting your Amazon e-commerce site
- Optimize each platform’s algorithm
- Each platform has features that you will be rewarded with more engagement for using
- Consistently post and interact with followers
- Post a high quantity of thoughtful content as often as possible (best if done daily)
- Your followers will gain your trust if you answer their questions, comments, and concerns
- Consider utilizing influencers and/ or social media experts
- Research popular/famous users that lie within your products’ niche
- They often have thousands and sometimes millions of followers that can lie within your target consumer audience.
- An endorsement of your product by an influencer could be the touch of promotion that your business is missing
- Some social media experts make a living optimizing account for large brands and celebrities
- They have devoted their career to studying the everchanging trends on each platform and know the inter-workings inside and out
- This could be a great opportunity to take your following to the next level if you have some extra money in the marketing budget